My husband and I had the opportunity to get away for a few days in Cancun! So fun...highly recommend it! I didn't want to ruin all of my hard work from the past months, so I found the workout center at the resort and burned some cals. I was there for 4 days, and I worked out twice. Here's the breakdown:
Workout #1: Elliptical, Ab Machine, and Treadmill = 45 minutes
1. Do the ellip for 20 minutes on a hard level...I did level 8.
2. 10 sets of 10 on the Ab Weight Machine for approx. 10 minutes...set it to 4 or 5 pounds.
3. Run for the last 15 minutes...comfortable speed for the first 5, faster for the last 10.
* I burned 501 cals!!!
Workout #2: Treadmill = 45 minutes
1. Start at a fast walk for 5 minutes to warm up.
2. Run fast for 5 minutes.
3. Slow down to a walk and increase your incline to 10 for 5 minutes.
4. Bring the incline back down and run for 10 minutes this time.
5. Repeat walk with incline for 10 minutes...this time incline at 12.
6. Run the last 10 minutes...first 5 minutes as fast as you can, last 5 minutes at comfortable speed.
* I burned 533 cals!!!
* Most hotels and resorts like this usually have some kind of workout facility to use, so take advantage of them. It's worth it! Don't blow all that hard work on vacation!