Monday, June 14, 2010

What Are You Holding Back?

Sometimes when we are going thru something emotional, we need a place of solice. I feel that when I work out. It's one of the only times in my day where I can pray, take everything in and let loose. Infact, today about 2 miles into my early morning run, I was listening to a slow love song of all things, and just burst into tears. They were tears of gratitude and thanks. I was thanking God for my husband. Thinking on what a gift he is to me. I know it is a little corny, but my mind was totally free and clear and just in the moment. I was letting it all out! I can't imagine what people driving by must've thought--they probably thought I had pulled a muscle!

In my classes I see that a lot. Just people holding back. Worrying about what they look like. Worrying about if they are doing it right. Thinking about other things. Let the worry go! Put your full self out there for the hour you are working out! Work to the max. Work to the point of exhilaration! I'm not saying you have to cry like me, but put it all on the line! I think you would see a difference in your performance and outcome!

By the way, I was listening to Ben Folds Five's "The Luckiest" when I had my emotional bit.

3 comments:

  1. awww, so sweet. :)
    love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you made such a valid point. The moment I "let myself go" and got into the "zone", working out became my FAVORITE thing on the planet. It's a feeling like no other, plus we are taking care of ourselves while having a blast :) Thanks for the post...super motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, I frequently tear up while running--especially during that sweet part of a long run when all pistons are firing and I am just in awe of what the human body is capable of. I feel gratitude to God for blessing me so abundantly, and I never want to take it for granted. Exercise does foster such clarity!

    ReplyDelete