Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Triceps are Sore!

One thing that is really helping me feel so good about going to the gym right now is the fact that I know that I'm getting a full body workout. When I used to go to the gym, I'd go walk around, look at the machines, and try to figure out which ones I needed to work out with. It's very intimidating to people like me who have no experience in anything relating to this. I'd leave having worked out my biceps (that's easy), maybe my quads, maybe do a few more machines that look like the right ones to pick, but I had no confidence that I was doing what I needed to be doing. If you can relate to that, I'd highly recommend going to a body shaping class! There's no thinking, no guessing, just being walked through what to do, how to do it, for how long, etc. Yes, it's hard work, but it's just an hour and you feel soooo good afterwards. I really didn't love it the first time, but I hate to miss it now.

There have been times that I have slacked off on muscles that I don't want to work, but I'm learning so much, such as the fact that you don't want to have really strong biceps and weak triceps! When Nicki mentioned that last week during class, it gave me the extra motivation I needed to go ahead and not slack off while working out my triceps. Now, I have VERY sore triceps, but I feel good knowing that I'm working out the correct way.

No comments:

Post a Comment